Auldton Stoves have dedicated a considerable amount of time and research into choosing the correct chimney systems for our customers. With the many different manufacturers and huge variances in quality of product on the market, we have chosen Multiflex for our flexible liners and Schiedel Rite-Vent for our insulated chimney systems. The quality of these products are second to none and with our high volume of sales we are very competitive in this market.
Multiflex liners have a robust double skin construction for use with multifuel stoves, fires or boilers. The inner skin is designed to provide a smooth gas tight flue for the safe and efficient passage of flue gases, The outer skin has a durable corrugated construction to allow maximum flexibility. Unlike other liners on the market this flexibility helps prevent the chance of liner ripping on installation.
The liners are listed by HETAS and covered by independent CSTB testing approval to comply with UK Building regulations. They are also manufactured under the strict quality control procedures certified to the international standard ISO9002.
There are two types of Multiflex Chimneys:
Multiflex 316L. Made from 316 grade stainless steel for use with open fires, muiltifuel, wood burning stoves and appliances burning gas or oil.
Multiflex 904L. Made from 904L grade stainless steel that has significantly increased resistance against corrosion. Designed for use with coal or solid fuel burning appliances and installations where higher specification of liner is required.
Schiedel Rite-Vent Insulated Chimney Systems
From the many insulated chimney systems on the market Auldton Stoves has selected the Ritevent Insulated Chimney System as its preferred product. This system is HETAS listed and meets all British standards and manufactured to the highest quality with no corrosion of joints etc.
The reasons we have chosen this product are listed below:
Why Schiedel Ritevent ICS25?
- Simple push-fit jointing system, secured by locking band.
- Advanced corrosion resistant design and construction uses laser welded 316L stainless steel inner liners and 304 stainless steel case. The only stainless steel system to have passed the internationally recognised GASTEC corrosion test.
- The jointing system increases rigidity and ensures easy draindown of any condensate in the flue.
- Capillary break prevents moisture being drawn through the joint.
- Because of the sleeve joint, the insulation in the pipe is able to be continuous along the length of the system ensuring no hot spots.
- Many inferior products are insulated with Rockwool rather than Superwool.
- The 25mm high efficiency Superwool™ blanket maintains flue gas temperature, maximising efficiency, improving flue draught on start-up and minimising condensation.
- Low external case temperature.
- The assembly method allows the inner liner to expand and contract with temperature at the female end. The flue can withstand the temperatures of a soot fire without losing the integrity of the joints.
- Generous lead-in edges on liner and case for ease of jointing.